The USD 410 School Board met for their monthly business meeting on Aug. 14 where they mostly heard and approved personnel updates.
The council made the following contract adjustments:
* approved a 7.07% increase in TEEN Director Lena Kleiner’s salary and approved a health insurance contribution equal to a $1,400 deductible family coverage health insurance premium through the ESSDACK Health Insurance Group for the 2023 – 2024 year.
* approved a 5.00% increase in FACT Director Terry Bebermeyer’s salary and approved a health insurance contribution equal to a $1,400 deductible single coverage health insurance premium through the ESSDACK Health Insurance Group for the 2023 – 2024 year.
* approved the issuance of a contract to Jeff Haslett to serve as Driver Education Teacher for $246.00 per student for the 2023-2024 school year.
* approved adding three additional days to the contract of Hillsboro Middle/High School Counselor Jill Hein to help facilitate class changes and scheduling needs.
The council made the following pay rate changes:
*approved the ESSER tutoring rate of $52.04 cents per hour for teachers who will be tutoring students 3 times per week for 30 minutes at a time.
* approved the pay rate of $13.00 for a bus driver in training to get a CDL. Once they get their CDL, they will be paid $17.65 per hour.
The council made the following hire changes:
*approved the issuance of a contract to Kevin Colle to serve as Hillsboro Middle/High school Assistant Cross Country Coach
*approved the issuance of a contract to Kara Stueve to serve as Hillsboro Middle School Head Volleyball Coach for the 2023-2024 school year
*approved the issuance of a contract to Kevin Koehn to serve as Hillsboro High School Assistant Boys’ Basketball Coach for the 2023-2024 school year.
*approved the hiring of Ben Reiswig to serve as USD 410 Technology Assistant for $17.00 hour for 40 hours per week effective July 26, 2023.
*approved the hiring of Megan Daniels to serve as Hillsboro Elementary School Custodian for $13.50 per hour for 40 hours per week effective August 2, 2023
In other business, the board:
*appointed Jared Jost as the USD 410 delegate for the KASB 2023 Delegate Assembly on Nov. 11.
*discussed possible projects for the upcoming bond project. No decisions were made but possibilities were discussed.
*learned that two rooftop AC units were replaced this summer.
*heard a Marion County Special Education Cooperative report from board member Jared Jost. He noted a “smooth transition” with the new director, Stacey Parks. Jost mentioned that it is really helpful to have Parks and her wealth of knowledge on board. Dr. Bob Diepenbrock is helping with the transition.